One Serious WAHM

Friday, March 10, 2006

I'm Not Crafty! Waaaa!

I wish I were crafty. No, I mean it. I've tried so many craft ideas it isn't funny. My husband finally said, "please realize that you're not that kind of woman."

It was hysterical because it took him so much time to work up the courage to say that. I've tended to be very good at everything I try except crafts, so I'm sure it's tough for him to have to be the one to break it to me.

The problem is that I don't have patience. I know that. I just don't know what to do about it.

Candle-making is the best I've been at any craft-type hobby, and I wasn't all that great. Still my candles stay together, and we burn them. They look beautiful when they're burning.

I just always think there's go to be some craft I'm good at out there. I look at other people who make great returns off their items, and I think, "I could do that."

I have two new ideas. They're both cheap, so if they mess up, I won't be out more than $5. I'm going to try making bath salts and wine glass charms. Hey - nice bath and a glass of wine! What's better?

I'd love to have a small craft site or even to list them on a craft site that gets more traffic - as if I need more work to do. One of the things I've learned about being a WAHM is that I have the time and desire to try new things all the time. It keeps the creative juices flowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home