One Serious WAHM

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Reasons I Love Being a WAHM

Being a work at home mom is an amazing adventure. I feel that I get the best of both worlds. Although I had anticipated leaving my child in daycare, I cannot imagine doing so now. Instead I get to be home with my son during the day, and my husband is with him in the evenings. Our son gets quality time with Mom and Dad alone and time with us together. My husband and I also have time to ourselves after our son goes to bed.

I also get the satisfaction of having a career. A career is very important to my identity, and there is no way that I would be willing to give that up for anything. It was very vital to know that I could begin a new career journey once my son was born.

Being a WAHM also gives me great flexibility. If we have something to do or that we want to do, we can. It just means adjusting our schedule, but there's no boss hanging over me to tell me that I will have to take comp time in order to hang out with my little man. We can go eat lunch with my husband whenever we'd like or take a day to go to the pool if we want. Although I know it means a long night ahead, the sacrifice is worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home