One Serious WAHM

Friday, March 31, 2006

Scaling Back

I decided today to scale back everything that I have going on. I'm not shelving any projects, just putting them aside for now. I have a series of blogs, Crafts and Projects, Family Finances, and Reluctant Cook, that I was going to direct to a new URL along with One Serious WAHM. They were going to form my homemaker site. I also have Diabetic Spouse about Brian's illness that I was going to turn into a site. I've cut back one of the online magazines for now as well.

I feel that right now I need to get some projects completed before I think about moving on. This weekend, I'm putting up my commemorative birth announcement. (I'll add a link when I get it up.) I'm also finishing Writing Parent Online, the articles for May's food newsletters, and my personal writing site.

That will leave me with four projects to work on continuously throughout the next week. I have Dawson Progressive. Right now we have contracted writers for 8 booklets. We're also talking with 2 authors about books. I'm working on researching and coming up with marketing plans for all of them.

Then I'm working on compiling my work at home mom anthology. I have 8 of 20 submissions right now, so we're, what, 40 percent of the way there on submissions. Brian and I came up with a great plan for added material this week, so I have that to work out, too.

I'm also writing my own book about starting a home-based business. It's a little different from the books that are out there already, so I'm hoping that it will do well.

Finally, I'm preparing a free e-course and corresponding online seminar for my writing site. I hope to have that done in the next couple of weeks. Then I have to research autoresponder programs, which are new to me.

Those tasks will keep me incredibly busy, so I think they're enough for now. When I get one of them done, I'll begin to pick up the other projects and move forward with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home