One Serious WAHM

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I'm Back and Revved Up!

Whew! It's been quite a summer here. Brian and I found out that we're expecting a new baby! It was a shock since we weren't planning to have another baby quite so soon. Still, the new one will be here in January 2007. It's supposed to be a girl, but the sonographer wasn't 100 percent sure, so we're going to see what happens at the next sonogram.

My WAHM life has been on temporary hiatus while we adjust a lot of things in our personal lives. We bought a house - a first for us - and we've been in it about 6 weeks now. We've found out the previous owners were pretty dishonest on their disclosure, but unless we want to try to back out of the house, there's nothing we can do (although I do have the urge to smack both of them.). They were pretty lazy, too, so a lot of the "problems" required a screwdriver and 30 seconds to fix. Overall, we love the house, even with the problems. It's a 1930s-style bungalow with plenty of room for expansion. It's about 1,600 square feet, and we're turning the attic floor into living space (bedrooms for the kids and their own bathroom).

Plus, I'd grown tired of writing and needed a little break. I think that like many writers, I had no real direction when it came to my writing. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, and I was taking anything that came along instead of focusing. I've changed that now, and I'm back to work with a few changes to the overall plan, which I'll share with you in my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home